The Selkirk and District Lions Club
The Selkirk and District Lions Club has 33 members in it's club. It is an active member participating and sponsoring many functions
in the Selkirk area including the following.
- West Haldimand General Hospital (Hagersville)
- Haldimand War Memorial Hospital (Dunnville)
- Camp Trillium-Rainbow Lake (Cancer Camp for Kids)
- Lions Camp Dorset (Dialysis Camp)
- CNIB Lake Joseph
- Lions Camp Kirk (Camp for Learning Disabled)
- Diabetes Awareness
- Journey for Sight
- Youth Outreach
- Effective Speaking
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters (Bowl for Kid's Sake)
- Youth Exchange
- Selkirk Scouts
- Selkirk Sparks and Brownies
- Children's Aid Society (Fresh Air Camp)
- A Family in Need
- Fallon Trust Fund
- Caledonia Food Bank
- Cayuga Food Bank
- Dunnville Food Bank
- Jarvis Caring Cupboard
- Soup-a-Bowl For Food Banks
- Crime Stoppers
- Haldimand-Norfolk Women's Shelter
- Haldimand Alzheimer Society
- Senior Support Services
- Drilling Rig Museum
- Wilson Memorial Museum
- Lions Foundation Dog Guides (Walk for Guide Dogs)
- School for the Deaf
- Disasters (Haiti, Japan, etc)
- Supported Selkirk Park Rink Lighting Project
- Selkirk's annual Gas Fest weekend festival
- Selkirk Planter Sponsorship
For more info about the Selkirk and District Lions Club please call
Lion Joanne Dye, President, at (905) 776-3486 or
Lion Norman Dye , Secretary at (905) 776-3486.
Lions Club International
Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed ? in our own communities and around the world ? with unmatched integrity and energy.
Our 45,000 clubs and 1.3 million members make us the world's largest service club organization.
Everywhere we work, we make friends. With children who need schoolbooks, with seniors who need transportation and with people we may never meet.
We're led by talented, dedicated volunteer leaders from around the world. And, we're supported by the Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF), which helps to fund Lions humanitarian projects.
The International Headquarters for both Lions Clubs International and the LCIF is in Oak Brook, Illinois, USA.