Selkirk Centennial Community Centre
A Heritage Building
The Selkirk Centennial Community Centre has been an integral part of its community for almost a century. The building was first used as the Selkirk Continuation School. Today it is the choice location for wedding receptions, community events, business seminars and workshops, family parties, and many other events. The Selkirk Branch Library is on the lower level.
All rooms are wheelchair accessible via elevator.
An Ideal Banquet and Meeting Hall
For weddings and larger banquets, the Main Hall can be licensed to accommodate 215 people. The spacious and fully functional kitchen is included. The round tables are a special feature of the Selkirk Community Centre, and are included in the wedding package at no additional charge as are the rectangular tables. The hardwood floors are ideal for dancing.
The packaged rates for weddings and Jack & Jills provide for time to decorate the hall, and additional rooms can be included for quiet space or other uses.
For smaller banquets and parties, the North Hall with kitchen may be rented separately.
Business meetings, seminars, workshops, and children's parties are rated separately according to the facilities needed.
Small Meeting Facilities
For smaller meetings and workshops, the Upper Back Room and Lower Back Room are ideally suited to seat up to 50 people comfortably. Each comes with a kitchenette.
Rental Terms & Conditions
Hall Rental Rates (PDF)
- Package rates available for Weddings, Jack & Jills, and Children's Parties
- Separate rates are available for Main Hall, North Hall, Upper Back Room, Lower Back Room
- Rates are available by contacting the Selkirk Public Library
- A non-refundable deposit will be paid at time of booking, with balance paid 30 days before the event
- All events involving liquor must provide a copy of liquor permit and proof of insurance prior to the event
- Special rates may be considered for community meetings or charitable functions
To Find Us
Just 45 minutes south from Hamilton - follow Hwy. 6 south to Hagersville turn left at stoplight (Regional Road 20) and then right onto Regional Road 53. At the flashing red light in Selkirk, turn right onto Regional Road 3. The Community Centre is one block west from the flashing red light.
For information or booking, contact:
Selkirk Public Library
34 Main Street West, Selkirk
Phone: 289-674-0400 extension 6
Go back to the top of the page